Are You Ready For The World Ender?
The Tarrasque, the unkillable challenge of Dungeons and Dragons. Do you have what it takes to fight the monster? Do you have what it takes to run the tarrasque? How do you begin to tackle something so epic, so incredible? What do you do if your players are ready for it?
With The Book of the Tarrasque, you have all the help and information you need to throw an epic and fun challenge at your players that will be talked about for years!
What’s In The Book?
- A fully fleshed out advice section guided by real world experiences.
- New 5e rules that restore elements from previous editions (like regeneration and trample attacks) and add new options to challenge any group, no matter how powerful or prepared.
- An in-depth look at multiple tactics brought to the table, as well as an in-depth look at the utility of many magic items.
- The most complete history anywhere of the tarrasque in mythology, D&D history, other game systems, and even where it has been used as an easter egg in other mediums.
- A foreword by Ed Greenwood.
- A robust set of handouts, recompiled stat sheets, paper miniatures, game logs, and large format scaled maps.
- Interactive handouts for logging games, using optional rules, creating your own miniatures, and more.
- Plot hooks and advice for incorporating the tarrasque into your game.
- A complete adventure to challenge 15th through 20th level characters and bring them against the tarrasque. Written by ENnie award winning writer Chris Sniezak (Misdirected Mark, Gnome Stew, Dracula Dossier).
What People Are Saying
Thank the gods that a great designer has souped-up gaming’s most famous kaiju. The lore and crunch contained within this tome redfine this sack of hit points as a being to build entire campaigns around.
– James Introcaso, Don’t Split The Podcast Network
Want to have a lot of fun with a tarrasque? Read this book!
– Ed Greenwood, Forgotten Realms
Wow, that history is impressively complete.
– Shannon Appelcline, Designers and Dragons
On using the tarrasque: I never did because I wasn’t sure how the frack to use it, really. I read it and went oh my god that thing is just death on wheels, holy cow it’s just a mindless horrible killing machine…
After perusing the overview Encoded Designs gave me, I want to run a ********* Tarrasque game.
– Brett Bloczyinski, Gaming and BS episode 125
This book is the best, and easiest, way to fight the often discussed, but rarely used Tarrasque.
Simply put, you need this book!
— Neal Powell, Dungeon Master’s Block Podcast
Whether you’re fighting the Tarrasque, fleeing it, or maniacally laughing as you reveal it from behind your GM screen, buy The Book of the Tarrasque. Author John Arcadian has finally crafted a tome worthy of the beast’s terrible countenance.
– J.M. Perkins – Author of the Salt in Wounds Campaign Setting
If you are going high level in 5th Edition, you owe it to yourself to GO COMPLETELY EPIC with The Book of the Tarrasque.
— Wolfgang Baur, Kobold Press
These guys have finally given the Tarrasque some teeth!
– Mike Shea, Sly Flourish
John Arcadian’s The Book Of The Tarrasque looks fabulous!
– Bruce Cordell, D&D Designer, The Strange
The Tarrasque is one of my favorite monsters that I’ve never used in a game. I like the story elements it brings, but managing the mechanics is daunting. The Book of the Tarrasque delivers more than just practical advice. It delivers confidence, which is one of the most important things a GM needs.
– The Caleb G, The RPG Academy